A. Corrupt the young, get them away from religion, get them interested in sex. Make them superficial, destroy their ruggedness.
B. Get control of all means of publicity thereby:
1. Get the peoples minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books and plays and other trivialities.
2. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
3. Destroy the people’s faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and obloquy.
4. Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
5. By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
6. Ferment unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward such disorders.
7. By Specious argument, cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues, honesty, sobriety, confidence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.
C. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view toward confiscating them and leaving the population helpless.
This was written nearly 100 years ago and I have copied it as it was published. This was before people had radio, television, or internet to help spread these ideas. This list, with modern additions is very much like Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The similarity of this list and the things going on around us is, in my opinion, too close to be a coincidence. Our freedom is much too precious for us to risk it by not being aware of forces in the world that would like to turn us into a socialist state. To turn this trend around, and I truly believe we can, all we need to do is trust in God, return to our founding principles, renew the work ethic that made us great, and find our moral compass! We had better get started.
Missouri Kids First received a grant from the Missouri Children's Trust Fund last week to help in their battle to prevent child abuse and neglect in Missouri. This grant will increase the availability of the Stewards of Children program. It is the only nationally available adult training curriculum proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change participants behavior over the long-term. They are going to pilot a collaboration project with the Missouri Alliance of Southwest Missouri to train all teachers in McDonald County and Neosho school districts.
I hosted a SOC training last year for the East Newton district and after seeing the training firsthand, became determined to make the training available to every teacher in my District and eventually the entire state. With the support of committed public leaders and strong community partnerships, along with monetary support from the Trust Fund and others, we will give adults the skills needed to prevent child sexual abuse.